Downtown Toronto, Rosedale, Yorkville, Forest Hill Area Rug Cleaning.
Call us at 416 916 6557 for a free quote for your rug cleaning.
InStyle Home & Rugs offers best professional area rug cleaning in downtown and midtown Toronto.
We offer the following services:
- Hand-wash Cleaning, environmentally friendly and safe for children & pets
- Repairs and Restorations
- Hand woven fringes & Hand binding borders
- Stain Removal
- Oriental rug cleaning for Rosedale, Yorkville, Forest Hill residential homes
- Decorative Tibetan-Nepalese rug cleaning
- Persian wool/silk rug cleaning
- Antique rugs cleaning
- All rugs are hung in a temperature and humidity controlled drying tower
- One week turn around
- Pick-up & Delivery during days or evenings available
CARING FOR YOUR RUG
- Most dry soil has razor-like edges that can damage the fibers permanently if allowed to remain in the pile
- The effect of soil in your rug is not as visible as it is on hard surface flooring where soil remains on the surface and is easily seen.
- Vacuum the rugs at least 1-2 times a week to keep dirt minimal. While vacuuming avoid mangling the fringe. Vacuum back toward yourself . Do not go forward and backward as this will get the fringes stuck in the vacuum.
- To eliminate the fringe problem, use strong adhesive tape to tape the fringes to the underside of the rug.
- Keep an abrasive mat outside the front door entrance to prevent dirt from coming in the house.
- Take your shoes off after entering the house. Also, keep a mat inside of the front door entrance so people can wipe their feet as they come in.
- It is very important to have your rugs professionally cleaned every year for high traffic areas like hallway, family room & 2-4 years for the rest.
- With any rug, make sure to have an anti-slip mat (mesh rubber kind) underneath to keep the rug from sliding & also helps the rug to breathe.
- Use a thick felt under pad, If you lay an area rug over any other kind of wall to wall carpeting. This will eliminate crawling.
- Draw the curtains in hot summer months to prevent direct sunlight fade your rug prematurely.
- We recommend that you rotate your rug 180 degrees every year to ensure even wear.
Spot Removal Steps
The following steps are only suggestions and InSTYLE Home & Rugs Inc. would not accept any responsibilities.
- Act Quickly! Many spills can be removed if immediate action is taken. The longer the delay, the higher the possibility of a spill becoming a permanent stain.
- Dilute the spill with cold fresh water. Blot liquids with a dry, white absorbent cloth or white paper towels.
- Gently scrape up the liquid or semi-solids with a rounded spoon. Always scrape in the direction of the nap of the rug.
- Do not scrub the area! Scrubbing can cause pile distortion in the affected area. Continue to use a dry cloth or paper towels until the area is completely dry.
- Apply a small amount of mild detergent ( without bleach ) to fresh water or a mixture of water & white vinegar to affected area, allow it to sit for about 5 minutes. Work gently from the edges of the spill to the center to prevent the spill from spreading. Do not scrub! Blot, absorbing as much as possible, and repeat if necessary.
- Continue using the solution as long as there is a transfer of the spill to the cloth. It is not necessary to use all the solutions if the first application removes the spill. Be patient. Complete removal of the spill, may require repeating the same step several times.
- After the spill has been completely removed, rinse the affected area thoroughly with cold water, and blot with a dry cloth until all the solution has been removed. Apply a think layer of white paper towels to the affected area, and weigh down with a flat, heavy object like a phone book. Continue to change paper towels as needed.
- For final step, put a large bowl under the damped area of the rug to completely air out & dry overnight.
- For stubborn stains. Please seek the services of a professional cleaner.